Wednesday, May 5, 2010

isn't it ironic?

That Alanis Morrisette song from back in the day is stuck in my head lately. Why? Because on Monday, I paid $5 to join Water Club at work, and on Tuesday, water club ran out of water. Ironic? Typical?  Yes and yes. And to think...I was incredibly reluctant to joining water club in the first place. For nearly two months I debated whether or not I wanted to partake...really, not a big decision, I dramatize...but the second I made the decision, the water was POOF gone.

I'm a fish. I drink a lot of water during the day (unfortunately the tap water, even Brita'd, is not drinkable for me at work...noticeable side effects). So now I'm parched! I suppose tomorrow I'll have to lug around two Nalgenes in addition to my lunch bag, my purse, and my tea mug. Can we say bag lady?
Also ironic...there's two tennis balls in my living room! They've been there for days.
Why is this ironic?, you ask. OK, so I guess it's not, but I wanted to tell you anyways! I'll get to that in a minute. Let me just say this: I have seen the inside of many a tennis ball. Yep, that sweet little chocolate lab is really a destructive monster. Few tennis balls (and softballs, stuffed squeaky toys, etc) have lasted in his care for more than 24 hours. But these two tennis balls have survived for days now! Hallelujah!! The best part is, he's discovered the joy of playing living room fetch with two tennis balls...and so have we! We no longer have to pry the ball out of his mouth, we can just grab the other one and toss it across the room and watch him try to figure out what to do with the one currently occupying his mouth. And they bounce! And he bounces with them! Instant doggy energy zapper. And tennis balls can occasionally be found for free with frequent walks by the tennis courts. Thank you very much, hard hitters!

Ready for the ironic part?  I wrote the above paragraph praising my dog for preserving the life of his precious second-hand tennis ball earlier today while I was at work (shhh, don't tell), only to come home and discover the biggest, most brutal shoe massacre known to this household (more details to follow...)


(Yes, I know that's a softball...it's an older picture and that softball has since been buried.)

No comments:

Post a Comment